The Women Who Empower
EMPOWERING ENTREPRENEURS AND INSPIRING INGENUITY
Northeastern University is committed to supporting the next generation of talented innovators and inventors with the ambition to solve society’s most complex problems. To ensure the success of these promising entrepreneurs, we are pleased to partner with individuals and The Cartier Women’s Initiative, our ecosystem partner, to offer this special grant to Northeastern innovators in spring 2021.
We are seeking applications for one-time grants of up to $12,500 for members of the Northeastern universe who are passionate about innovation and community, and would benefit from financial support to develop and advance their entrepreneurial endeavors. We invite applications from students, alumni, faculty, and staff members at any stage of their venture, from exploring a promising idea to scaling an existing business.
This award was created with dedicated partners, including the Cartier Women’s Initiative, who share our commitment to encourage, support, and celebrate the innovators and leaders within the Women Who Empower network, with a particular focus on creating inclusive opportunities and environments where all people can thrive. In this time of global crisis, entrepreneurial leadership is needed, and we want to support you in your important work.
THE DUE DATE
Applications are due 11:59pm EST on Sunday, January 31, 2021. Winners will be notified and celebrated in March as part of Northeastern’s International Women’s Day Celebrations. Additional details will be provided to award recipients.
We want to hear your story and why this funding would help you and the communities you may serve. Don’t wait to submit your application—there are only 100 application spots!
- Why are you applying for the Women who Empower Innovation Award? (~150 words)
- Tell us what this funding would mean to you and your entrepreneurial pursuits. (~250 words)
- Tell us about a particular role model who has provided inspiration to you. (~150 words)
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a significant challenge in your life. (~200 words)
- Please list and discuss leadership roles (at school, work, or in your community) you have held or awards you have been given in the past three years. (~250 words)
- Is there anything else you would like the selection committee to know? (~200 words)
AMPLIFY OUR IMPACT
Executive Director of Women’s Entrepreneurship