The Women Who Empower Innovator Awards
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2023!
When we conceived the Women Who Empower Innovator Awards, we were excited about the program’s ability to help us reach some bold objectives. Yes, we wanted to amplify the power of Northeastern’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and, yes, we sought to strengthen investments in women by providing funds, prestige, and networks to propel their efforts. But we also really wanted to honor the innovators themselves rather than simply their innovations.
Now in our third year of accepting applications, the Women Who Empower Innovator Awards are more robust than ever. We encourage applications from all—even those who have applied in past years. We are also accepting nominations from our community. To nominate someone, send an email with their name, contact details, and a paragraph about why you are nominating them to Betsy Ludwig at email@example.com. We look forward to discovering our applicants’ myriad achievements, ventures, and impact.
We are seeking applications for one-time grants from individuals who are passionate about innovation and community, and would benefit from financial backing to develop and advance their entrepreneurial endeavors. We invite applications from students, alumni, faculty, and staff at any stage of their venture, from exploring a promising idea to scaling an existing business.
This award was created with dedicated partners, including the Cartier Women’s Initiative, who share our commitment to encourage, support, and celebrate the innovators and leaders within the Women Who Empower network, with a particular focus on creating inclusive opportunities and environments where all people can thrive.
THE DUE DATE
For this 2022–2023 application cycle, we are considering the first 100 applications that we receive on a rolling basis until March 15, 2023. Semi-finalists will be notified by April 14, and final presentations will take place during the week of May 15. We encourage interested innovators to apply as early in the season as possible!
We want to hear your story and why this funding would help you and the communities you may serve. Don’t wait to submit your application—there are only 100 application spots!
“The Women Who Empower Innovator Awards are about increasing visibility and recognition for some of the most impressive entrepreneurs in our community, and enabling access for these incredible women who can truly make a difference.”
—Diane N. MacGillivray, Senior Vice President for University Advancement and Founder of Women Who Empower
- Please provide a description of your innovation or venture in one sentence. (~30 words)
- Why are you applying for the Women Who Empower Innovator Awards? (~150 words)
- Tell us what this award and funding would mean to you and your innovative and/or entrepreneurial ambitions. (~250 words)
- Tell us about a particular role model who has provided inspiration to you. (~150 words)
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a significant challenge in your life. (~200 words)
- Please discuss the ways you plan to support and advance our community of innovators in the future. (~150 words)
- List and discuss leadership roles (at school, work, or in your community) you have held, or awards you have received, in the past three years. (~250 words)
- List two Northeastern staff or faculty who can provide character references for you. If a Northeastern reference is not available, provide contact information and LinkedIn profile URLs for other references.
- Is there anything else you would like the selection committee to know? (~200 words)
AMPLIFY OUR IMPACT
Executive Director, Women’s Entrepreneurship