The Women Who Empower Ambassadors Program
Our Women Who Empower Ambassador program comprises emerging leaders from diverse, global backgrounds who have shown a passion and commitment for magnifying the mission and values of the university’s Women Who Empower initiative.
Ambassadors listen, learn, and connect with one another by sharing their personal and professional journeys. They amplify the voices and stories within the Northeastern community and lead efforts to elevate Women Who Empower.
By coming together, these individuals effect bold, meaningful change within our network, at the university, and around the world—and encourage and inspire others to do the same.
EXPERIENTIAL PHILANTHROPY SERIES
Powerful philanthropy requires strategic planning, a broad outlook on the needs of society, and a humble perspective on the philanthropist’s role in fulfilling those needs. Established in 2020, the Experiential Philanthropy Series offers the Northeastern community and its volunteer leaders the opportunity to practice integrative, systems-thinking philanthropy that is inclusive of advocacy, empathy, and ethical reasoning.
MOST RECENT EVENT
The Philanthropic Journey featuring Dona Bertarelli
September 29, 2021
A Pursuit of Peace with Swanee Hunt
December 7, 2020
Breaking Barriers is a Women Who Empower Ambassadors program that highlights women from diverse, underrepresented backgrounds who have broken barriers in entrepreneurship to reach positions of power. Through monthly workshops and webinars, these women will tackle topics such as finding funding, acquiring venture capital, and building a company, as well as maintaining good mental health and work-life balance.
March 11th, 2021 at 4:00PM EST
A Pursuit of Peace with Ambassador Swanee Hunt, Roosevelt Lecturer of Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School of Government
Alumni Natasha Taylor Embraces Creativity to Have an Impact While Having Fun—And Empowers Other Entrepreneurs to Do the Same
MONDAY, MARCH 1—MARCH 5
International Women’s Week 2021 at Northeastern University
THURSDAY, MARCH 11
Breaking Barriers: Designing Your Money Map with Nora Yousif
THURSDAY, MARCH 25
From Northeastern to Now: Alumnae in the Music Industry
Colleen Hall, AMD’09 – Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Sony Music Publishing
Meet our Ambassadors
About our Ambassadors
What does a Women Who Empower Ambassador do?
- Assists the Women Who Empower team with event programming, development, and execution
- Represents Northeastern University at special events virtually and in regions across the globe
- Provides ideas for speakers, social media features, and other valuable connections and establishes new relationships with mission-aligned individuals and organizations
- Engages with alumni, donors, university leadership, and friends of the university to promote and strengthen Women Who Empower programming
- Participates in Women Who Empower mentoring, and encourage others to do so as well
- Participates in fundraising activities for Women Who Empower and related funds such as the Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative, WISE, Social Justice, Women in Engineering, etc.
Women Who Empower Ambassadors serve a one year term (subject to review)
Women Who Empower Ambassador Criteria
- Has a strong and positive affiliation with Northeastern University
- Embodies the Women Who Empower mission and demonstrates a commitment to advancing the initiative through their personal engagement
- Understands the unique experiences that have influenced their time at the university and shows a willingness to share their story and encourage others to do so
- Appreciates the power of philanthropy and contributes to mission-aligned programs and scholarships